It might be winter, but in Texas we can still throw a party on the patio. All you need is three easy dishes for the grill and a festive, inviting patio.
Three Easy Holiday Recipes for the Grill
Here are a few of our favorite grilled dishes to serve during the holidays.
Grilled Bacon Jalapeno Wraps
1. Preheat your grill to high heat.
2. Spread cream cheese on each jalapeno half.
3. Wrap each piece in bacon and secure with a toothpick.
4. Place on grill and cook until bacon is crispy.
It’s easy to make Christmas-themed kebabs by using red and white vegetables, like bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes.
Red, white, and/or green vegetables (Onions, Bell peppers, Mushrooms, Cherry tomatoes)
Meats of your choice (Shrimp, Chicken, Beef, Pork, Lamb, Bacon)
1. Cut vegetables and meats into 1 to 1.5 inch slices.
2. Soak the pieces in your favorite marinade for a few hours.
3. String the ingredients onto skewers, alternating the meats and veggies.
4. Use high heat on the grill, rotating skewers until all ingredients are done.
Snowball Skillet Cookies
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1 egg, well beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups crisp rice cereal
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Heat a heavy skillet over low heat.
2. Mix together dates, sugar, butter, and egg. Cook in skillet for about 5 minutes, or until bubbly.
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla, cereal, and pecans. Allow to cool.
4. Form mixture into balls and roll in coconut.
Do you have a great holiday recipe? Share it with us in the comments!