Transforming a Small Yard into a Luxurious Outdoor Oasis
A family in Houston had a modest backyard with an existing pool but no shade or designated outdoor living area. They wanted to create a contemporary outdoor oasis that felt like an extension of their home. TCP Outdoor Living took on the challenge of designing a functional and stylish outdoor living space within the constraints of their small urban lot.
Creating an Outdoor Living Room
- The clients desired a covered outdoor living room large enough for entertaining and everyday relaxation.
- TCP built a 450-square-foot outdoor living room with vaulted ceilings that connect the home to the garage.
- The tongue and groove ceiling is pre-stained Smokey Bourbon by Woodtone, adding warmth and personality.
- The concrete flooring has a spray deck coating for a clean, contemporary look.
Building the Ultimate Outdoor Kitchen
- A 20-foot outdoor kitchen provides ample prepping and cooking space.
- TCP designed and installed a privacy wall with Choctaw Tan stone to replace the fence.
- The countertops are Tan Brown granite from a local supplier.
- The kitchen has top-of-the-line appliances like a grill, beverage center, vent hood, doors, and more.
Adding Shade Elements
- Bromic heaters and ceiling fans keep the space comfortable year-round.
- A pergola with a privacy wall was built over the hot tub, matching the kitchen wall.
- TCP added an overhead pergola cover system.
- Another pergola and cover at the end of the pool create space for a daybed.
The clients now have the outdoor oasis they dreamed of, perfectly customized within their compact backyard.
TCP Outdoor Living’s innovative design transformed this unused yard into a contemporary, highly functional entertainment space.
Get started on your backyard transformation by clicking here to book your free consultation today.