The weather is cooling off and you have this gorgeous outdoor kitchen that’s yearning to get cookin’ … but what shall we make? We came up with a delicious dinner, sure to win over your voracious visitors.
Fire up the grill and get ready for our Recipe of the Month!
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Capers and Roasted Tomatoes
Although the tomato mixture and tangy lemon marinade complement the full-flavored chicken thighs, you can use this same preparation with tuna steaks!
Another helpful tip: Roast the tomatoes while the chicken marinates.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs and 1/4 cup tomato mixture)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare grill.
2. To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
3. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done.
4. Preheat oven to 425°.
5. To prepare tomatoes, combine tomatoes and 2 teaspoons oil in an 8-inch square baking dish; toss gently. Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Combine tomato mixture, parsley, and remaining ingredients, stirring gently.
6. Serve with chicken and eat up!