Is the secret in the sauce when it comes to BBQ? Or is it in the entire process… Smoking it vs. grilling it? Marinating vs. rub? When you do get the meat just right, how about a secret sauce recipe (see below)? For the month of March we are giving you the scoop on BBQ perfection from a long-time Houston master of the Que… HarlonsBBQ! Top ten BBQ secrets, read here!
Jack’s Secret Barbecue Sauce
Full disclosure… we have no clue who Jack is, but man this recipe is tasty!
- 4-8 ounces of your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce (sweet)
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar (white will work also)
- 3 tblsp lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tblsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tblsp hot pepper sauce (Tabasco, Frank’s, Trappy’s, Louisiana)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper (fresh ground if you have it)
- Add more or less of your store-bought sauce, to your taste.
You don’t have to cook this one! Just combine the ingredients, put in a jar with a tight lid (for occasional shaking), place in the refrigerator for a couple of days before the feast. Give it a vigorous shake once in a while.
If you are in a hurry, you may simmer the ingredients for about 25 minutes to serve immediately.